Pages

Bash script, to do with grep, need the fastest solution possible

mercredi 3 août 2016

Hi everyone, need the fastest possible solution which involves
1) grepping through a lot of large files
2) using a list of strings to grep, a list rather large

So basically in details, I have several 46 very large files. Each of them contains the following lines
id:hash where
id is digital string, hash is sha1/md5I

need to process file with only ids and find id:hash pair for each of them in those large txt files.
Also I need to find exact pair. For example for 1234 simple grep would return 51234:, 5231234: etc

What's the fastest way to do it? The list with ids only contains about 30k rows, and the id:hash files each contain about 400k rows. I do use parallel which does increase performance, but since I need to find a very large set of ids, it's all very slow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Bash script, to do with grep, need the fastest solution possible

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire