Pages

adding existing RAID1 - 16.04 Problems

samedi 20 août 2016

Hi,

Before I upgraded to 16.04 my RAID1 "seemed" fine (3 years+). After the upgrade my existing RAID1 didn't automatically mount.
Now I have a problem trying to add an existing RAID1 (2 HDD 2 TB) to Ubuntu 16.04 ...I have being googling for hours and looking at instructions and I seem to have got myself more confused. As a result I am hoping someone can help.
I am very nervous as it has years of family photoes on it. and don't want to loose the data.

I seem to have run in to different errors.. where I then try to investigate and I don't know if I have broken something.... anyway, I am hoping someone can help.

Here is some outputs of some instructions I have gleaned from my searches, which i hope will shed some light on my problem and hope you can tell what I need to do (without loosing the data).

I have primary SDD drive which I boot off, then another 2 Tb drive, plus the RAID1 (2 HDD 2 TB) which i use for storage, I don't boot off it)

(command - sudo fdisk -l output below)

SDD = /dev/sda (64Gb)
Disk /dev/sda: 59.6 GiB, 64023257088 bytes, 125045424 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x7081b1c5

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sda1 * 2048 976895 974848 476M 83 Linux
/dev/sda2 978942 125044735 124065794 59.2G 5 Extended
/dev/sda5 978944 20977663 19998720 9.5G 83 Linux
/dev/sda6 20979712 40978431 19998720 9.5G 83 Linux
/dev/sda7 40980480 88979455 47998976 22.9G 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda8 88981504 125044735 36063232 17.2G 83 Linux

Second HDD = /dev/sdb (2Tb)
Disk /dev/sdb: 1.8 TiB, 2000398934016 bytes, 3907029168 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x000a5341

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sdb1 * 63 2047998329 2047998267 976.6G c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sdb2 3290992640 3907029167 616036528 293.8G 83 Linux
/dev/sdb3 2336252625 2824532234 488279610 232.8G 83 Linux
/dev/sdb4 2824532235 3290992639 466460405 222.4G 83 Linux

Partition table entries are not in disk order.

Then the RAID Drives: /dev/sdc & /dev/sdd = (2 x 2 TB)
Disk /dev/sdc: 1.8 TiB, 2000398934016 bytes, 3907029168 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x2098f43b

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sdc1 2048 3907029167 3907027120 1.8T fd Linux RAID autodetect

Disk /dev/sdd: 1.8 TiB, 2000398934016 bytes, 3907029168 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes

Observation: I noticed that the second drive /dev/sdd hasn't indicated it is "Linux RAID autodetect"

Command sudo mdadm -E /dev/sdc

/dev/sdc:
Magic : Intel Raid ISM Cfg Sig.
Version : 1.1.00
Orig Family : bfc2033c
Family : bfc2033c
Generation : 00000516
Attributes : All supported
UUID : 9a59843e:ff97fe29:ebdb84ab:01ef7a3a
Checksum : d68fedbc correct
MPB Sectors : 2
Disks : 2
RAID Devices : 1

Disk00 Serial : Z340KNGX
State : active
Id : 00040000
Usable Size : 3907023112 (1863.01 GiB 2000.40 GB)

[RAID]:
UUID : cf403379:8f842f08:524bd0fd:7d8ac45e
RAID Level : 1 <-- 1
Members : 2 <-- 2
Slots : [UU] <-- [U_]
Failed disk : 1

This Slot : 0
Array Size : 3907022848 (1863.01 GiB 2000.40 GB)
Per Dev Size : 3907023112 (1863.01 GiB 2000.40 GB)
Sector Offset : 0
Num Stripes : 15261808
Chunk Size : 64 KiB <-- 64 KiB
Reserved : 0
Migrate State : rebuild
Map State : normal <-- degraded

Checkpoint : 0 (512)
Dirty State : clean

Disk01 Serial : Z340KNJR
State : active
Id : 00050000
Usable Size : 3907023112 (1863.01 GiB 2000.40 GB)

Observation:
I noticed that this command indicated the failed disk 1 and "rebuild and degraded

Does it mean this disk is broken or the other disk in the RAID or something else

Command sudo mdadm -E /dev/sdd
dev/sdd:
Magic : a92b4efc
Version : 1.2
Feature Map : 0x0
Array UUID : 6b1b3c7b:446a0cb2:f6df1db7:9bfda1e2
Name : desktop:0
Creation Time : Fri Nov 15 11:59:09 2013
Raid Level : raid1
Raid Devices : 2

Avail Dev Size : 3906764976 (1862.89 GiB 2000.26 GB)
Array Size : 1953382336 (1862.89 GiB 2000.26 GB)
Used Dev Size : 3906764672 (1862.89 GiB 2000.26 GB)
Data Offset : 262144 sectors
Super Offset : 8 sectors
Unused Space : before=262064 sectors, after=2352 sectors
State : active
Device UUID : 7f2bed73:ddba26f0:d19bea47:9376da14

Update Time : Thu Aug 11 23:07:59 2016
Checksum : 52a16cc1 - correct
Events : 428

Device Role : Active device 0
Array State : AA ('A' == active, '.' == missing, 'R' == replacing)

Observation: don't know why the output from this drive not as detailed or what is Events: 428 mean ?

cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
md0 : inactive sdd[0](S)
1953382488 blocks super 1.2

md127 : inactive sdc[0](S)
3028 blocks super external:imsm

unused devices: <none>

Please let me know is if there is more information i can provide to help.
Thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



adding existing RAID1 - 16.04 Problems

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire